Michael John McKinon
Unit 201, 2nd Flr, Crossfire Place
Suite 201, 2nd Floor, Crossfire Place, Paardevlei
Somerset West, 7137, South Africa
+27 76 051 3914 Mobile
Michael worked as an audit manager in the Crowe audit practice before specialising in taxation during 2010.
Having had extensive experience in dealing with a wide range of clients at a management and executive level, Michael has developed a keen eye for cross border / international structuring opportunities and focuses on medium to large MNE business corporations both locally and internationally. Michael has a special interest in the areas of tax base erosion and tax residency and regularly consults with cross border clients on the applicability of South African exchange controls.
Michael has advised clients on many structures and transactions over the years and has during this time established a solid reputation as an able and energetic cross-border tax and advisory professional who is able to deliver a quality service to local and multinational clients.
Michael is a member of the Crowe Global EMEA Tax Committee and participates as a member of the Crowe Global Mobility Steering Group.
- 2021 Director Crowe DNA
- 2012 – 2021 Director of Crowe Tax & Advisory (Pty) Ltd
- 2006 – 2012 Audit Manager – Crowe JHB
- 2000 – 2006 Audit Manager – Rogan Kihn & Company
- 1996 – 1999 Trainee Accountant – Papilsky Hurwitz
- 1991 – 2006 Director and principal - Executive Education Holdings
- Associate of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the South African Institute of Taxation
- Bachelor of Accounting Science (Hons) (Unisa)
- H Dip (Tax Law) (UJ)
- Master of Commerce (SA & International Tax) (UJ)
- Advanced Diploma (Transfer Pricing) (Thomas Jefferson)
- Cross border taxation (Individual & corporate)
- South African exchange control compliance & advisory
- Corporate advisory
- Mergers, acquisitions & re-organisations
- Transaction / deal support and advisory
- Trust and estate establishment, management and planning
- SARS & SARB dispute resolution & regularisation
- Transfer Pricing advisory and compliance
- All industriess